Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Nailed my Nemesis

I wasn't going to write for a while. I was going to focus on working out, getting my children and their issues straightened out, and watch Ellen.

Today something cool happened. I spoke my mind freely and fearlessly to the Ex.

Then we went to yoga. I nailed eka pada galavasana.
For the first time.

A few months ago in class, Yoga Teacher asked what we wanted to do. I never spoke up. Then one day at coffee, I said to her that I so want to be a smartass and make something up and ask her to do it, like ecopadabagalakasana. We laughed.

The next day, the lovely, blonde, skinny, flexible girl beside me asked if we could do it! The word I thought meant nothing is actually a yoga posture. Heehee.......

So it became my nemesis. Lifepartner with all of his upper body strength got it no problem.

Today, after my renewed sense of faith in my changed mind, I nailed it for the first time.

By nailed, I mean, just for a split second managed to get both my leg and my forehead off the mat at the same time.

Victory.
As small as a task as getting a yoga posture I'd been working on may appear, it reminds me that with perserverance, and faith...anything is possible.

1 comment:

  1. And this is one of the reasons I love you so much. You are absolutely right. The small victories DO count and need to be celebrated. I often forget that on my life's roller coaster. And I'm glad you were drawn back here to blog about it. I must admit, I check it every day <3

    ReplyDelete